Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Star's Cake

Am I doing the one post a day thing? I don't think I'm even indenture--*ahem*-- on the VeganMoFo Grand Official List of Obsessive Posting. No matter, I'll play along. Here's a cake! I made it for Star's 22nd, out of your standard wacky cake recipe (x2) with extra almond extract, most of the oil subbed for applesauce, and half the water turned to almond milk. It also features a double batch of that gooey pudding-y icing (that I like WAY better than buttercream), a layer of 4-fruit quebecoise jam, and homemade raspberry truffle chocolates on top. Oh, and a little bit of buttercream writing on top, because hey buttercream ain't so bad (in fact it's pretty delicious in small amounts). Nomanomnomnom.

4 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

mmmm that cake looks super-yummy! The pudding-y icing sounds especially great!

death by chocolate said...

Star eh? LoL That was one hell of a cake! You are truly a goddess!

bazu said...

Oh no! Am I an indentured one, then? Keep your posts coming, nonetheless!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

will do, and by indentured, I really mean "having a total blast" :D